The intent is to have a critical look at all we are trying to do and see whether we have the resources ($$ and people) to pull it off. Each effort should be able to answer the following questions succinctly, since these sorts of questions will be asked at upcoming national reviews like PASAG:
- Will the proposed science goal be seen as compelling on the national scene (i.e. to PASAG) and within the DOE mission?
- What is the main science goal and what is the expected timescale for achieving it?
- What are the risks that the main science goal will not be achieved?
- How does the planned program address these risks?
- Why is Fermilab the best place to take this initiative?
- What are the chances that others will reach the main science goal before we do?